The UNCRC is an international treaty adopted by the UN General Assembly on 20 November 1989 in order to recognise and protect the fundamental rights of children. Expanding to children the concept of human rights, as provided for in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, this convention introduces the concept of the best interests of the child.
The Association « 30 Years of Children’s Rights » is a Geneva-based, not-for-profit, non-political and secular NGO whose purpose is to mark 30 years since the adoption of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in partnership with the major public and private sector players in the field at international, national, canton and municipal level. For further information, check back the statutes and organisational chart of the association.
The ChildRightsHub gathers all players of the civil society which are committed to the promotion, protection, and implementation of children’s rights as well as the members of the collective childrightshub.org platform which was developed by the Association « 30 Years of Children’s Rights ».
Any player of the civil society which is actively committed to promoting, protecting and implementing children’s rights and which is submitting to the Association « 30 Years of Children’s Rights » its wish to join the network, can register directly on the ChildRightsHub platform.
Registration on the ChildRightsHub platform can be made directly online by filling up the « Register » form. Any request for registration and opening of a user account on the ChildRightsHub platform are subject to the signature of a charter of values and the approval by the Association « 30 Years of Children’s Rights »’s executive committee.
Organisations which are registered on the childRightsHub platform enjoy multiple exclusive benefits :
- privileged access to all information and events initiated by the Association « 30 Years of Child Rights »
- direct access to a global directory of players based in Swiss Romandie and involved in the promotion, protection and implementation of children’s rights both locally and internationally
- ability to access events posted online by all members of the network and to benefit immediately from networking opportunities in support to their activities
- opportunity to respond to a Call for Participation by submitting projects and/or comments related to the celebration programme of the 30th Year Anniversary of the UN Convention on the rights of the Child
- exclusive access to the 30 Years of Children’s Rights label, visuals and tools created by the Association « 30 Years of Children’s Rights » and made available in the downloading section of the childrightshub website